Tuesday, December 7, 2010

For those night time feathered friends!

I have the perfect solution for those birds who want to come to my back yard at night and have a late night snack - a lighted bird feeder!




I'm just teasing!  I looked out my window and my bird feeders were glowing like they were lighted inside. The evening sunset was shining directly on them and they were beautiful.  So I snapped this photo and wanted to share it with you!

I wonder what the birds were thinking when they saw this!  I have cardinals who come right at dusk and I'll bet they wondered about all the light.

And that's sand in the photo, not snow. This is Florida and yes, it's cold this week, but no snow. :o)

Click on the word "comments" below to read the comments left by those who have read and enjoyed this little story. Please feel free to leave your own comment too.

Linda

8 comments:

  1. I kinda want to get into feeding birds too.

    PussDaddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photo op, Linda, you captured it perfectly, I would have thought they were lit from within!! Like you! :) I've not been diligent about feeding my friends for a few months, I do keep clean water in their bird bath, they love it and give us such a wonderful show everyday, right outside our office window.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty picture. I would like to be somewhere warm. We still have loads of snow in Scotland!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool. You captured it perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! They really do look as if they're lit from within - must have surprised you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi PussDaddy, good to see you again! It's easy just put out a pie tin or a cookie sheet with seed on it. Also a shallow container for water. The birds are such fun to watch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks to all of you for the comments! Wishing each of you a wonderful holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cool would a lighted feeder be? When I thought these were I was all set to get one for my dad ;D Hope you are keeping warm - it has been chiiiillly down here in Tampa

    ReplyDelete